For more than 50 years, Legal Services of the Hudson Valley (LSHV) has been providing free, high-quality legal counsel in civil matters when basic human needs are at stake including: eviction and foreclosure prevention, domestic violence, disability, elder law, healthcare, consumer fraud and more. Our services support almost 600,000 poor and low-income families and individuals who cannot afford an attorney in our seven-county service area. With the gap separating those who can and cannot afford legal representation widening each day, we work to ensure that everyone has equal access to justice, regardless of their ability to pay. As the only provider of comprehensive civil legal services in the lower and mid-Hudson Valley (Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Rockland, Orange, Ulster and Sullivan Counties), LSHV is proud to have handled over 12,000 cases impacting nearly 27,500 household members including 10,000 children last year. LSHV is made up of ten offices, and a dedicated and highly skilled staff of attorneys, paralegals and administrative professionals.
Legal Services of the Hudson Valley is dedicated to building a highly skilled workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We are committed to racial justice and promoting equity for all, and we continuously review and strengthen our processes and practices to empower our staff, clients and the communities we serve. Respect is a cornerstone of relationships among our staff. Our affinity groups are self-directed and provide a space for members to support one another and their shared vision. We encourage applications from people of all identities.
Reporting to the IT Director and based in LSHV’s White Plains office, the Junior Systems Administrator will be responsible for assisting in the maintenance of LSHV’s cloud environment, servers, desktops, telecommunications systems, and end-user support. Responsibilities cover a wide range of technologies including, but not limited to, systems administration, helpdesk, telephony administration, and Microsoft Office 365.
· Provide in-person and remote support for on-site and remote employees via telephone, email, and remote access;
· Setup and configure laptop and desktop computers (OS installation, software installs, patches, etc.);
· Perform systems administration functions for Windows AD infrastructure, Azure, Intune, Office 365, software updates, and anti-virus;
· Maintain and update LSHV’s SharePoint site as it relates to backend staff lists including entering new employees for the Expense Voucher, permission structure, and other HR flows;
· As it relates to the LSHV website and in collaboration with the IT Director and the Development Department, assists with back-end applications, maintenance, and licensing. Work with the IT Director and Development Team to ensure compliance by website vendors and others and provide support as needed;
· Create and maintain user accounts / maintain AD;
· Providing end-user support, resolving technical issues and providing technical assistance for all operating systems and applications;
· Providing new employees with the required hardware and appropriate access to the company’s computer systems;
· Administrative tracking and electronically documenting of agency assets;
· Provide IT services on site at LSHV’s locations, as needed;
· Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
· Two years or more of college-level course work in Information Technology, Computer Information Science, or related fields;
· Two years or more in an IT helpdesk/systems administration role;
· Willingness and ability to travel to LSHV’s offices as needed- valid driver license and access to a car;
· Knowledge of Windows 10 and 11, Office 365, Azure, and Intune;
· Must be able to lift heavy objects (50 lbs.) such as servers, backup batteries, computers, and monitors;
Salary: Dependent on Experience, with excellent benefits. A one-time $1,000 bonus will be paid to candidates who begin their employment with LSHV by 12/31/2022. After a probationary period, this position may permit work from home a few days per month.
Upon commencing employment at LSHV, candidates will be required to show proof of either being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or produce, on a weekly basis, a negative COVID-19 test. Fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks after having completed a sequence of FDA approved COVID-19 vaccinations, followed by an FDA approved Covid-19 booster shot. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.
Please apply through this link and include cover letter, resume, writing sample and three references:
Legal Services of the Hudson Valley is a proud equal opportunity employer. People of all races, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Puerto Rico Legal Services receives $882k to help the victims of earthquake
- Legal Services of North Florida filed a Fair Housing Act complaint
- State appropriation boosts legal aid services for low income families
- Texas clinics shut down abortion services after state high court ruling
- Veterans Corner: GI Bill Home Loan Guarantee; legal services for homeless or at-risk veterans | Local News