Kanye West found a new lawyer to take over his divorce case.
According to multiple kanye–west-hires-melinda-gates-lawyer-in-kim-kardashian-divorce/”>reports, Kanye West enlisted the services of Robert Stephan Cohen for an ongoing legal battle with Kim Kardashian. Cohen is represented by Melinda Gates in her divorce from Bill Gates. His other clients include Chris Rock and Rupert Murdoch.
Cohen became Kanye West’s sixth lawyer in the rapper’s divorce. ‘Ye’s previous attorney Samantha Spector stepped away from the case due to an “irreconcilable breakdown” in the relationship with her client.
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian’s divorce is being litigated in California, but his new lawyer is based in New York. ‘Ye also hired a Los Angeles-based attorney named Nicholas A. Salick to serve as his counsel in California.
Kim Kardashian, who is represented by attorney Laura Wasser, filed for divorce in February 2021. Earlier this year, a judge declared the reality TV star legally single.
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian still haven’t settled issues such as assets and custody of their children. ‘Ye hasn’t filed declarations of disclosure in the case, but a judge ordered him to file the disclosures by the end of September.
If the former couple can’t reach a deal soon, their case will head to trial in December.
- 6 Ways Your Lawyer (and You) Can Screw Up Your Family Law Case
- Bremerton schools on hook for Kennedy's attorney fees
- Former Apple lawyer in charge of tackling insider trading pleads guilty to insider trading, DOJ says
- Black man shot at least 60 times by Ohio police as he ran away: lawyer
- Lawyer: Ohio police officers shot fleeing Black man dozens of times